As today's mainstream green travel tool, electric scooters are loved by many people and are becoming more and more popular. Whether you are an office worker or a student, riding an electric scooter for commuting is undoubtedly a good choice. However, you may find that if you ride for too long, you may experience leg fatigue. So, can we avoid the problem of leg fatigue when riding? And how can we solve this problem?
This riding guide is suitable for riders of all ages and after reading this guide we hope you will enjoy your ride even more.
Normally, each of us has our dominant leg, but not everyone knows which leg our dominant leg is.
What is dominant leg?
Just like when writing, compared with writing with the right hand, most people are accustomed to writing with their right hand, fewer people use the left hand.
The same goes for riding electric scooters. The dominant leg is the one you normally use to support the electric scooter when riding it. Most people are accustomed to using their right leg, but it is also necessary to use their left leg. This is as natural as which hand you normally use to write, and does not require you to do special exercises.
After we determine our dominant leg, we should pay more attention to the coordination of the other leg when riding.
Why does leg fatigue occur when riding?
- First of all, wearing suitable shoes to ensure the comfort of riding, which is equivalent to ensuring our riding safety, is to wear a safety helmet. If you do not wear the right shoes when riding, your feet will bear a lot of burden, which will cause your legs to fatigue. Under normal circumstances, most of the sports shoes and casual shoes we wear every day can ensure that our feet can comfortably stand on the electric scooter.
- Secondly, choosing the right riding mode when riding is also a prerequisite to ensure that we are comfortable on the electric scooter. Imagine if you are riding at a very fast speed all the time, you must need to pay full attention to the road and the pedestrians around you, then you may subconsciously increase the force of your feet on the electric scooter pedals.
This undoubtedly increases the strain on your leg muscles and if you have been riding for a long distance, then the likelihood of leg fatigue at the end of your ride is very high.
- Furthermore, if you ride in an incorrect posture, it can also cause leg fatigue. You may be wondering: Riding an electric scooter is just standing on the pedals. Why is there a need for posture?
In fact, if you simply stand on an electric scooter, you can ride, but if you do this for a long time, you are likely to experience leg fatigue. why? Because the random standing posture makes your legs feel uneven, if you put most of your weight on only one leg, after riding for a period of time, this leg will be very tired, which will affect your riding experience.
- Finally, if we don't exercise enough on our legs, we are also prone to leg fatigue. After all, strong leg muscles and bones can ensure our daily needs.
How to solve leg fatigue when riding?
- As mentioned above, it is important to have a pair of suitable and comfortable shoes before riding to prevent foot pain and consequent leg fatigue during the ride. In winter, try to choose warm, non-slip shoes, while in summer you can choose ventilated, lightweight shoes. Please note that it is very dangerous and please not to wear flip-flops on your electric scooter for fear of accident.
- Appropriate riding mode-speed mode is the key point for you to experience the fun of riding. Maybe you are not familiar with your own electric scooters. Most of Kugoo’s electric scooters have a cruise control function, which means that you can drive at a certain speed for a certain period of time without pressing the accelerator. There is no need to hold your toes tightly to your shoes, which will cause your legs to fatigue.
More about cruise control
- Just as the correct sitting posture can prevent people from hunching, the correct standing posture can reduce people’s leg fatigue when riding electric scooter.
If you still don’t know how to stand up and ride an electric scooter correctly, please refer to the picture below.
- Please maintain a certain amount of daily exercise. Daily exercise can not only shape our body and strengthen our own immunity, but also effectively prevent muscle loss in specific parts of our body. Insist on leg exercises can also make our leg muscles more vigorous, and will not fatigue when facing long-term standing riding.