As more and more people use electric scooters, sometimes you may need to take your electric scooters on an airplane. You may eager to know if you can take your electric scooter on the airplane or not. So can you take your electric scooter on the plane?
The answer is YES.
But you must comply with the Federal Aviation Administration and airline regulations. As you know, the reason why airlines make strict regulations is to ensure the safe travel of all passengers. Therefore, taking your electric scooter on a plane may not be as easy as you think.
Generally, airlines approve the use of electric scooters with a battery of less than 160 Wh. Most manufacturers list their electric scooters battery capacity in ampere-hours. This requires us to convert these data into watt hours.
Note: watt hour=Ampere hour X voltage
How to know whether you can bring an electric scooter on a plane?
1. Check the data of your electric scooter, such as battery capacity, rated voltage and package size, etc. (If you don’t know the info,please be free to contact us.)
2. Search national aviation administrations and airline regulations to check their restrictions on electric scooters. (You can directly search the websites of national aviation administrations and airlines, and enter the keyword-electric scooter.)
3. If you are inconvenient to check the above information online, you can directly call the airline where you purchased the ticket. Usually the staff will tell you whether you can take the electric scooter on the plane and some precautions. (This may be the most effective method.)
How to bring an electric scooter on a plane?
1. Please make sure your electric scooter is turned off. If possible, please remove the battery and pack it separately. (This step will greatly reduce the probability of electric scooters catching fire.)
2. Please fold and pack your electric scooter into a package suitable for flight transportation. (Different airlines have different requirements for the size of the package. You can check online or call the relevant staff.)
3. Please keep the electric scooter in a dry transportation environment. (This will reduce the possibility of damage to the electric scooter. At the same time, we do not recommend that you use the electric scooter in a humid environment.)
4. Remind the airline that your electric scooter needs to be handled with care to avoid violent transportation. (You can also make corresponding prompts on the package yourself.)
What if the airline does not allow you to bring an electric scooter?
According to airline regulations, if passengers are not allowed to take electric scooters on the plane, then all we can do is to act in accordance with the regulations. After all, this flight is not just a feast for you alone. While cherishing our own lives, we must also respect the personal safety of others and do not act recklessly.
We do hope you can have a nice experience with your air travel, but do not forget to make sure everything before you get on the air!